Posted by Cyrus-Shepard
How big is local SEO?
Industry Survey revealed over 67% of online marketers report spending time on local search. We’ve witnessed demand for local SEO expertise grow as Google’s competitive landscape continues to evolve.
Last year, Moz introduced the
SEO Expert Quiz, which to date over 40,000 people have attempted to conquer. Today, we’re proud to announce the Local Search Expert Quiz. Written by local search expert Miriam Ellis, the quiz contains 40 questions and only takes less than 10 minutes to complete.
Ready to get started? When you are finished, we’ll automatically score your quiz and reveal the correct answers.
Rating your score
Keep in mind the Local Search Expert Quiz is
just for fun. That said, we’ve established the following guidelines to help judge your results.
- 0-39% Newbie: Time to study up on your citation data!
- 40-59% Beginner: Good job, but you’re not quite in the 7-pack yet.
- 60-79% Intermediate: You’re getting close to the centroid!
- 80-89% Pro: Let’s tackle multi-location!
- 90-100% Guru: We all bow down to your local awesomeness
Resources to improve your performance
Want to learn more about local search? Here’s a collection of free learning resources to help up your performance (and possibly your income.)
- The Moz Local Learning Center
- Glossary of Local Search Terms and Definitions
- Guidelines for Representing Your Business on Google
- Local Search Ranking Factors
- Blumenthal’s Blog
- Local SEO Guide
- Whitespark Blog
Embed this Quiz
We created this quiz using
Polldaddy, and we’re making it available to embed on your own site. This isn’t a backlink play – we didn’t even include a link to our own site (but feel free to include one if you feel generous).
Here’s the embed code:
How did you score on the quiz? Let us know in the comments below!
Sign up for The Moz Top 10, a semimonthly mailer updating you on the top ten hottest pieces of SEO news, tips, and rad links uncovered by the Moz team. Think of it as your exclusive digest of stuff you don’t have time to hunt down but want to read!